There is an old joke where the couple is on their way to Hawaii for their honeymoon. The bride says to her new husband, “Do you think it was wise to get the economy travel package?” The husband replies. “Shut up and keep paddling.”
Some people seem to think they can get to heaven without being any part of organized religion. This is sad because so many people believe it. The fact is, Jesus is very concerned about the church.
- Jesus built the church himself (Matthew 16:18).
- Jesus bought the church with his own blood (Acts 20:28).
- Jesus is the head of the church (Ephesians 1:22-23).
- Jesus is the husband of the church and loves it as a man should love his wife (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- Jesus is the savior of the body (the church) Ephesians 5:23.
All spiritual blessing (including salvation) are in Christ. And we can only get into Christ by baptism (Galatians 3:26-27). Since the church is his body, and we must be in Jesus to be saved, we must be in the church, or we don’t have a hope of salvation.
What does all this have to do with Swimming to Hawaii? Simply this: TRYING TO GET TO HEAVEN WITHOUT BEING IN THE CHURCH IS LIKE TRYING TO GET TO HAWAII WITHOUT A BOAT. NO ONE IS GOING TO SWIM TO HAWAII, AND NO ONE IS GOING TO GET TO HEAVEN WITHOUT BEING PART OF THE CHURCH.
If you have questions, concerns or even disagreements we invite you to contact us at The Bible Answer and come study with us.